The main reason for this was to raise the standard of the club, its coaches and players within the local community.
The FA Charter Standard accreditation is awarded to clubs to be well-run, sustainable and more importantly, who prioritize child protection, quality coaching and implementation of the Respect programme.
Overall, FA Charter Standard status is a clear demonstration to all parents, sponsors and the public, that a club:
• Is well-organised, safe and offers opportunities for all
• Has FA-qualified coaches as standard
• Adheres to FA Respect Policies and Codes of Conduct
• Prioritises Child Welfare
• Maintains appropriate levels of discipline
• Has access to the County FA and FA regional workforces